The Hub for the Exchange of Music Innovation (HEMI) is an initiative of 10 music organizations from Central and South Eastern Europe (CSEE), co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union for 5 years (2020-24)
In a very competitive and globalized market and a period dominated with troublesome news, partners from Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, North Macedonia, Poland , Romania, Serbia and Slovenia have joined forces to support the creative, networking and business needs of Artist and Music entrepreneurs of the region.
Developed as a Cluster, the partnership which includes Public and Private organizations, Associations, Festival and Conference Organizers, Export Offices and a Music Business school, aims to create a sustainable “Music Hub” with the objective to:
- Support the professionalisation & internationalisation of CSEE music artists and professionals to help them meet current market needs and future challenges.
- Develop innovative business models between consortium partners, networks and the beneficiaries of the programme
- Co-produce and co-promote new events / products to benchmark the music sector of the region
Over the next 3 years (2022-2024), HEMI will develop activities comprised of conferences, festivals, events, panels, workshops, webinars, mentoring and pitching sessions to secure permanent networking activities through 3 main projects:
- HEMI Music Awards: the talent programme for Export Ready Artists
- HEMI Incubator: the training activities to support music entrepreneurs
- HEMI Sphere: the platform with educational content, coaching sessions and news, to discover the sound from our HemiSphere!